What makes your Drive/Ride in Bangalore Uncomfortable?
Fill the form below to List the things that troubles you while you are driving/riding in Bangalore City, so that Bangalore Traffic Police will get a “check-list” to work on. Let us communicate in plain simple terms to make ourselves heard:
You can also communicate Online at Bangalore Traffic Police Facebook Page.
Please be responsible enough to communicate in a civilized manner and co-operate.
Be the Concerned Citizen, Speak out the Problem Faced. Think like you are a Traffic Police, and Come up with Solutions. That will help Bangalore Traffic Police to improvise and implement them.
One Solution i can think of apart from Hefty Fines:
Compulsory Counseling, Lectures on implications of traffic offenses.
We can have some recorded sessions of Lectures on what happens when you break a traffic rule. More than anything, the severe consequences teach people to be more careful when they really face them.
Example content in the Counseling/Lecture session for some Traffic Violations:
- Over speeding:
- Â If you over speed and cause an accident: Have a documentary / Lecture on what happens to the Accident Victims and their families.
- All the Legal things one has to go through after that.
- All the consequences such accidents have on their Licenses and Records.
- Financial complications resulting out of Death of the Victim.
Jumping traffic signals:
- There are so many videos that BTP already has that shows horrific accidents caused by people jumping traffic signals. Looking at these images and videos will definitely make people think twice or thrice before jumping a Signal.
This will sensitize people towards consequences and makes them think twice the next time they break a rule. Once a person is caught for breaking a rule, he/she must be made to compulsorily attend this session anytime during the next One month.Â This can be a better deterrent than any amount of fines you can levy.
Fines / Money will always be paid and forgotten. Counseling like these will always be remembered and will have a long term impact on the individual.
Share this among your friends and get as many inputs as possible.