This is my Review Update on Hyundai i20 Sportz Diesel (2012 – Next Gen Model) after 3 years and 45,000 kms:
- Still as peppy as ever. May have lost some sheen due to Bad Clutch assembly. Thats covered under “The Bad” section below .
- Quiet and Smooth Diesel Engine. It is still among the quieter Diesel engines I have seen.
- The Car is still upto the Market Standards in terms of Technology even after 3 years. This also means, i bought an overloaded one to start with 😛
- Top Notch quality in everything has kept the car in shape even after 3 years. No rattling noise, No Faded Plastics. Still feels fresh and new.
- The ABS and All disk Brakes give super confidence on wet roads, dusty/sandy roads. The Car stops when you want it to. The ABS have kicked in about 5 – 6 times of emergency braking over the last 3 yrs. Car has not skidded even once, and I have been in Full control.
- Clutch plate needs a replace at 45k kms !!
I have about 1.5L kms of driving experience now, and never Rev in Half Clutch, I never Drive in Half clutch, and absolutely NO abusing the Clutch.
The Technician says it is “Normal” irrespective of the way I drive.
The Clutch plate assembly is estimated to cost me a whopping 25k !!
So, my 45k Service bill is already well above 30k !!
You have to put an RD (Recurring Deposit) the day you buy the Car to cover this expense after 3 years / 45k kms !!
My previous TATA Indica Diesel Clutch Plate assembly was changed at around 75k kms… and that also cost me less than 9k.
- Steering Vibrations
This has been a niggling issue right from Day 1.
After 45k kms, this has intensified to a point that i took all the efforts to take the Car to Service center to get it checked.
Technician says, this level of “Deterioration” is expected in a 3 yrs / 45k kms DIESEL vehicle.
I still feel, the Steering Vibrations was lesser than this in my older TATA Indica.
I am not talking about the Engine noise and vibrations in the Car. I am only talking about the irritating vibration of the Steering only. Rest of the car is quiet and smooth.
- Power in 2nd gear :
May be, i am just used to the Power Delivery pattern now, and don’t feel the huge lag in the 2nd gear. But, it is a significant point to consider if you plan to buy an i20. I am utterly disappointed with the power in 2nd gear. You tend to be forced to move to 1st gear in more situations than comfortable.
The Neutral (Since this is expected of any Car after 3 yrs/45k kms):
- The Battery seems to have lost some power after about 3yrs / 45k kms. Gives me anxious moments at times when it struggles to crank making me wonder when i should change them. This is pretty much on an expected timeline.
- The Tires: Apollo Accellere could’ve been better. Grip is good on the road, but i have changed one tire already due to a badly damaged Puncture Fix.
I changed the Battery at close to 45k kms. It cost me Rs. 4900/- and I chose Amaron after going through a lot of reviews online.
If the above Data helped you, Do consider a nominal payment towards the support of this website: